Saturday, April 5, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude!!


A small act of gratuitousness - Flat tyres of my cycle and I was out on the road to a cycle shop closest to my place late in the evening to get it fixed. To my surprise, this cycle repair shop has been shut since a while. Found a Rickshaw man and I asked him if there was a cycle repair shop in the close by. He said go home and get it done in the morning. I wanted to take it out in the morning so had a bit of urgency of getting it fixed. I asked the Rickshaw man to take Rs. 50 and drop me to a closest place for an obvious reason that I had to put my cycle in. He went to a couple of shops, asked them about where about of a repair shop nearby. Came and took me to a place amidst horrible traffic on the roads. It took us about 15 minutes to reach the place. He dropped me to this cycle repair shop. I was about to give him Rs. 50 and he said just give me only Rs. 20 it's hardly any distance. Said he was just going home and thought of helping me out. Inspite of insistence he took only Rs.20 and he departed with a smile on both of our faces.

That's a little act of what is called as an attitude of gratitude!!

No comments: